from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of small, crooked trees, growing in tropical America.
- n. The heart wood or the resin of the Guaiacum officinale or lignum-vitæ, a large tree of the West Indies and Central America. It is much used in medicine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of trees and shrubs, of the order Zygophyllaceæ, of tropical and subtropical North America, including 8 species.
- n. The wood of trees of this genus.
- n. A resin obtained from guaiacum-wood.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small genus of evergreen resinous trees or shrubs of warm and tropical America
- n. hard greenish-brown wood of the lignum vitae tree and other trees of the genus Guaiacum
- n. medicinal resin from the lignum vitae tree
Sorry, no etymologies found.