from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Native American people inhabiting the Queen Charlotte Islands of British Columbia, Canada, and Prince of Wales Island in Alaska.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. Any or all of the language varieties spoken by the Haida.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. an indigenous nation of the Northwest Coast of North America, living primarily in British Columbia and Alaska.
- proper n. the indigenous language of this people.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska
- n. the Na-Dene language of the Haida
Haida ḥà·t'e·, ḥà·de·, the people, from ḥà·ta·, ḥà·da·, to be human.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)