from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Native American people formerly inhabiting central New York south of Oneida Lake, with present-day populations in Wisconsin, New York, and Ontario. The Oneida are one of the original members of the Iroquois confederacy.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. The Iroquoian language of the Oneida.
- A city of central New York east-northeast of Syracuse. The Oneida Community, a Utopian society established in 1848 by John Humphrey Noyes, was nearby. It prospered through its manufacture of silverware and was reorganized in 1881 as a joint stock company. Population: 10,900.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of a tribe of Native Americans formerly inhabiting the region near Oneida Lake in New York.
- proper n. Their Iroquoian language.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Iroquoian language spoken by the Oneida
- n. a member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario
If there's a promotion code with the deal, redeem it by entering the oneida coupon code on the Oneida website.
A 16-year-old named Kimberly Simon was raped and murdered in Oneida County, N.Y., in 1985.
Two other bear hunting dogs were killed in Oneida and in Burnett Counties last week.
Innocence Project client Steven Barnes was released from prison Tuesday morning, nearly two decades after he was wrongfully convicted of rape and murder in Oneida County.
Oneida is an interesting company in its own right: it arose from a 19th century Utopian Society founded in 1848 in Oneida, New York, by John Humphrey Noyes.
When the Rev. William Procanick put his hand on the Bible during his sex-abuse trial in Oneida County Court earlier this year, he swore to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Rev. William Procanick put his hand on the Bible during his sex-abuse trial in Oneida County Court earlier this year, he swore to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
When the Rev. William Procanick put his hand on the Bible during his sex-abuse trial in Oneida County Court earlier this year, he swore to tell the whole truth And nothing but the truth.
The VILLAGE where the story about the pastor lives is called CLINTON, NY in Oneida County …. peter paul has been thrown out 2 times already …. he's a nut-job … ..
Ok, For the idiot, and I sure do mean idiot BO supporters who BELIEVE the paul case has ANY merit, or the "Clinton, NY in Oneida County" story has ANYTHING to do with Hillary ....
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.