from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of south-central India east-southeast of Mumbai (Bombay). Center of a former Mogul kingdom and Indian state, the city was founded in 1589 and is today a commercial center and transportation hub. Population: 3,440,000.
- A city of southern Pakistan on the Indus River northeast of Karachi. Founded in 1768, it was occupied by the British in 1839. The city is noted for its handicrafts. Population: 1,380,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. State capital of Andhra Pradesh (India).
- proper n. A city in the Sindh province of Pakistan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in south central India in Andhra Pradesh
- n. a city in southern Pakistan on the Indus River
Sorry, no etymologies found.