from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An organization, the International Organization for Standardization, that sets standards in many businesses and technologies, including computing and communications.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. International Organization for Standardization
- n. A disk image of an ISO 9660 file system (such as a CD or DVD); also used as the file extension.
- The Imperial Service Order.
- In search of (in personal ads).
From Greek īsos, equal.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Greek ίσος ‘equal’. (Wiktionary)