American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The satellite of Uranus that is sixth in distance from the planet.
- n. A female given name.
- n. One of the main characters of William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet.
- n. A woman who is or is with a great lover.
- n. By analogy with the Shakespearean character, a woman who is in love with a man from a family, party, or country opposing that of her own.
- n. The sixth moon of the planet Uranus.
- n. The letter J in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
- From Italian Giulietta, diminutive form of Giulia ("Julia"), from Julius, a Roman family name. Cognate with French Juliette. (Wiktionary)
- After Juliet, heroine of Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“And the proposition that Juliet kissed someone is of interest, even if we express it by saying ˜Juliet was a kisser of someone™.”
“[Illustration: JULIET SEIZED THE DOG BY HIS COLLAR.] "It is some horrid cruel dog!" said Juliet.”
“a "Romeo and Juliet" night, unless, indeed, the wearer meant to appear on the stage as _Juliet_, was the thought which occurred to the girl.”
“The love of a Juliet is the outgrowth of natural processes manifesting themselves everywhere down the scale, but it is also the gift of the last evolution, and it speaks to us from the topmost notch in the scale.”
“He passed the short, broad stairway that led to her empty window-seat divan in what she called her Juliet”
“Its like some things Juliet is said to understand unquestionably (ie, knowing Alpert is old … really old).”
“Therefore, with protection of the insanity defense, I claim that Juliet is evil and that Ellie is Ms.,”
“Since Juliet is a fictional character you can correctly assume that these missives remain unanswered.”
“Assuming that Juliet is dead, is Sawyer going to revert to his coldhearted ways or will he champ up and remain a hero?”
“Oh sh … Just realised I broke the first letter rule … Juliet is now called Kristen.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Juliet’.
Looking for tweets for Juliet.