American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of Jung or his theories of psychology.
- adj. Maintaining Jung's psychological theories, especially those that stress the contribution of racial and cultural inheritance to the psychology of an individual.
- adj. psychology Of or pertaining to the psychology of Carl Jung.
- n. One who follows the psychology of Carl Jung.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. of or pertaining to Carl Jung, Swiss psychiatrist.
- adj. of or relating to Carl Jung or his psychological theories
- n. a follower or advocate of Carl Jung's theories
- Jung + -ian (Wiktionary)
“I have recently started my first novel which is heavily influenced by ideas in Jungian psychology.”
“Note 9: Derepression carries its own specialized meanings in Jungian psychology and genetics, but my usage will be readily distinguishable from that employed by those other specialties.”
“Freudian (cf. "Die Zelle") than in Jungian pan-mystical terms of lower ego versus higher Self, or ignorance versus Wisdom.”
“On Google the other day, I came across a college paper entitled Jungian Archetypes in Blade Runner.”
“To paraphrase Jungian analyst, Clarissa Pinkola Estes: "We are mighty ships, made for these times.”
“There's another kind of engagement -- what you might perhaps call a Jungian one -- where people come to Second Life to play out archetypal themes, or aspects of self.”
“At best, it attempts to implicate everybody in the Nazi debacle; at worst (and I honestly believe this to be the case) it associates Nazism with popular rule in Germany, with massification or any other pejorative Jungian term that one may choose.”
“Eagles suddenly seem to be ganging up on me in some kind of Jungian synchronicity..”
“We’ll dabble in Eriksonian psychology and say that someone is having an “identity crisis;” we’ll borrow from modern neuroscience and describe ourselves as “very right-brain”; we’ll steal a page from the mystics and refer to the Jungian unconscious or the personality traits revealed by astrology.”
“Superman is no more "Jungian" or a "Catcher in the Rye" than he's a McDonald's hamburger.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Jungian’.
Words derived from names, be they historical, literary, or mythological.
Looking for tweets for Jungian.