from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Letts or their language or culture.
- n. See Latvian.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to the Latvian people or the Latvian language
- proper n. the Latvian language
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Letts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the division of the Lettic or Lithuanian race distinctively called Letts: as, the Lettish language; Lettish customs.
- n. The language spoken by the Letts, a branch of the Indo-European family, closely related to Slavonian or Slavic. Also Lettic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the official language of Latvia; belongs to the Baltic branch of Indo-European
From Lett + -ish. (Wiktionary)