from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The longest river of France, rising in the Cévennes and flowing about 1,014 km (630 mi) north, northwest, and west to the Bay of Biscay.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. One of the départements of Rhône-Alpes, France
- proper n. A river of France
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. a French river which flows into the North Atlantic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the longest French river; rises in the Massif Central and flows north and west to the Atlantic Ocean
Sorry, no etymologies found.