from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A subgroup of the Austronesian language family.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A subgroup of languages of the Austronesian language family, mostly dispersed around the islands of Southeast Asia and the Pacific Ocean.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or pertaining to Malayo-Polynesia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as Malay-Polynesian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of the Austronesian languages spoken from Madagascar to the central Pacific
- adj. of or relating to the Malayo-Polynesian branch of the Austronesian languages
Sorry, no etymologies found.