from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Tonga or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Tonga.
- n. The Polynesian language of Tonga.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The Tongan language.
- n. A person from Tonga or of Tongan descent.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Tonga, the Tongan people or the Tongan language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to the Tonga Islands. See II.
- n. An inhabitant of the Tonga or Friendly Islands, a group of islands (so called from Tonga or Tonga-tabu, one oil the chief islands) and kingdom in the South Pacific, east-southeast of the Fiji Islands.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the island monarchy of Tonga or its people
- n. a Polynesian native or inhabitant of Tonga
- n. the Polynesian language spoken by the Tongan people
Sorry, no etymologies found.