from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- One of the three Magi.
- Melchior, Lauritz Lebrecht Hommel 1890-1973. Danish-born American operatic tenor noted for his Wagnerian roles, especially with the Metropolitan Opera in New York City (1926-1950).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A very large wine bottle (named after the King) with the capacity of about 18 liters, equivalent to 24 standard bottles.
- proper n. One of the Magi according to medieval Christian legend.
- proper n. A male given name.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States operatic tenor (born in Denmark) noted for his Wagnerian roles (1890-1973)
- n. (New Testament) one of the three sages from the east who came bearing gifts for the infant Jesus; usually represented as a king of Nubia
Said to be of Old Persian origin. (Wiktionary)