from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See Creek.
- A city of eastern Oklahoma on the Arkansas River southeast of Tulsa. Founded in 1872, it is a trade and industrial center. Population: 40,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of an American Indian people; the Creek.
- proper n. The language spoken by these people.
- proper n. A city in Oklahoma.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Muskhogean language spoken by the Muskogee
- n. a town in eastern Oklahoma on the Arkansas River
- n. a member of the Muskhogean people formerly living in Georgia and eastern Alabama and constituting the core of the Creek Confederacy
MUSKOGEE - Muskogee police are searching for more persons of interest from a Saturday fatal shooting at a mall.
MUSKOGEE - At least three of the five wounded victims in the fatal shooting Saturday at a Muskogee mall have been released from the hospital, authorities said
MUSKOGEE - A fight at a Muskogee bar has left a Muskogee man dead.
#4: Carrie Underwood: Born in Muskogee, Oklahoma, and raised in Checotah, Oklahoma.
Tom Coburn is a Southern Baptist deacon, a family man married to a former Miss Oklahoma, a white-coated physician back in Muskogee who has delivered more than 4,000 babies and sees patients free of charge every Monday.
James Hull was indicted this week in Muskogee on three counts of writing false documents and one count of false claim of receipt of military decoration or medal.
Lloyd Spotted Wolf, head football coach at Bacone College in Muskogee, Okla., says it's good for "ego-centric" coaches to be around students "that really do not care if the football team wins or loses, or even know when there's a home game."
Most recent court dates in Muskogee have been reset to Dec. 2, and the Wagoner case has been reset to Dec. Donn Baker represents Ledford in all of the cases.
"He never belittled anybody," said Brent Fowler, who played football and basketball for Gilbert and now lives in Muskogee, Okla.
My son lives in Muskogee OK. and trust me the people down there are just as crazy as the people here in Kansas.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.