from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who practices yoga.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Attributive form of yogi
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A follower of the yoga philosophy; an ascetic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Hindu ascetic and mendicant who practises the yoga system, and combines meditation with austerity, claiming thus to acquire a miraculous power over elementary matter. See yoga. Also yogee and jogi.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. United States baseball player (born 1925)
- n. one who practices yoga and has achieved a high level of spiritual insight
Hindi yogī, from Sanskrit, from yogaḥ, union; see yoga.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Hindi, from Sanskrit योगिन् (yogin), from the verbal root yuj (class 7 present युनक्ति (yunakti, "to connect")), from Proto-Indo-European *yugóm. (Wiktionary)