from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. no charge
- abbr. no credit
- abbr. noncallable
- abbr. North Carolina
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ISO 3166-1 two-letter (alpha-2) code for New Caledonia.
- abbr. North Carolina, a state of the United States of America.
- abbr. Nick's Class, the complexity class of decision problems solvable in polylogarithmic time using a polynomial number of processors
- abbr. Nolo contendere, no contest, a plea in criminal cases.
- abbr. No change.
- abbr. noun class.
- abbr. (aviation) prefix code for NASA research cargo plane designations
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state in southeastern United States; one of the original 13 colonies
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Trey (Shelby, nc): The cream always rises to the top, congrats guys for a great year!!! diana (Lexington, NC): AWESOME!!!!!!
with the bad weather hitting nc, do you think that wvu vs ecu at greenville NC will be cancelled.?
I wish i could have the chance to go to the ozarks the fishing in NC is getting old
A large portion of the huntable public land in NC is lightly used for non-hunting purposes, and that portion that is used is used during hunting season and on hunting days.
All wine in NC is sold from distributor to retailer or restaurateur C.O.D. only!
The current statute on racial intimidation/hate crime in NC is this, as far as I can tell:
Don't worry, my whole family in NC is rooting for you and marching to the polls to vote for you on Tuesday!!
No on here in NC is happy with what he has done for NC He has been nothing but trouble here.
The Ad that the republicans are running in NC is true you can urge as much as you want but it is fact.
One thing that ad by the GOP brings up into the minds of every voters in NC, is patriotism and religion.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.