from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, belonging to, or characteristic of Naples, Italy.
- n. A native or resident of Naples, Italy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to Naples.
- adj. Describing an ice cream combination of the flavours chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry in order. Also called neapolitan ice cream.
- n. An inhabitant or resident of Naples.
- proper n. The language of Naples, Italy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of of pertaining to Naples in Italy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Naples or its inhabitants.
- n. An inhabitant or a native of the city of Naples, or of the province or the former kingdom of Naples.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Naples or its people
- n. a native or inhabitant of Naples
Middle English, from Latin Neāpolītānus, from Greek neāpolītēs, from Neāpolis, Naples, Italy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin neāpolītānus, from Neāpolis, from Ancient Greek Νεάπολις (Neapolis, "new city"), a Greek city in Naples. (Wiktionary)