American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A Native American people formerly inhabiting the eastern Finger Lakes region of west-central New York, with present-day populations in this same area and in southeast Ontario. The Onondaga are one of the original members of the Iroquois confederacy.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. The Iroquoian language of the Onondaga.
- n. One of a Native American tribe originally inhabiting Onondaga County, New York.
- n. Their language.
- n. a member of the Iroquoian people formerly living between Lake Champlain and the Saint Lawrence River
- n. the Iroquoian language spoken by the Onondaga
- Onondaga onó·ɴtà'ke, on the hill, a village name. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“In Syracuse, health officials estimated that they would need $475,000 to vaccinate about 600 health workers at five hospitals in Onondaga County.”
“I think I still have a trunk in Onondaga, New York.”
“Times: -- The Onondaga is constructed wholly of iron.”
“There is even a selection that dates back to when Syracuse was known as the Onondaga Pottery Company.”
“Clark's "Onondaga" -- a list of the original councillors in the Onondaga dialect, and also a copy, in the same dialect, of the "Condoling Song," which I had heard sung on the Canadian Reserve, and which I afterwards found in the Canienga Book of Rites.”
“I make concession freely that the Onondaga is a most wonderful fellow, but he can't work miracles.”
“The Onondaga was a peerless runner, he had been gone long now, and what would he find at the base of the smoke?”
“His God and Tayoga's Manitou were the same, and the spirits of the Onondaga were the same as his angels of divine power and mercy.”
“Lennox, Willet and Tayoga fell asleep, one by one, and the Onondaga was the last to close his eyes.”
“Oneida is the son, and the Onondaga is the brother, of the”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Onondaga’.
This is not a scientific list based on unified criteria, the sole aim was to collect as many language names as possible.
The list contains the names of the following artificial langua...
Looking for tweets for Onondaga.