from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A river of Venezuela flowing more than 2,414 km (1,500 mi), partly along the Colombia-Venezuela border, to the Atlantic Ocean. The mouth of the river was probably discovered by Columbus in 1498.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Orinoco river basin of Venezuela.
- proper n. A South American river flowing 1600 miles (2410 km) from Brazil through Venezuela to the Atlantic Ocean.
- proper n. The Orinoco river basin of Venezuela.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a South American river 1,500 miles long; flows into the South Atlantic
Sorry, no etymologies found.