from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of Oxford or Oxford University.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Oxford.
- n. A person who studies or has studied at Oxford University.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Oxford.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or relating to the city or the university of Oxford, England.
- proper n. A student or graduate of Oxford University, in England.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Oxford.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Oxford: a member or a graduate of the University of Oxford.
- n. An Oxonian button-over.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to or characteristic of Oxford University
- adj. of or pertaining to or characteristic of the city of Oxford, England, or its inhabitants
- n. a native or resident of Oxford
From Medieval Latin Oxōnia, Oxford, from Old English Oxnaford : oxena, genitive pl. of oxa, ox + ford, ford; see ford.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Medieval Latin Oxonia + -ian (Wiktionary)