from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the peoples, languages, or cultures of Papua New Guinea or New Guinea.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Papua New Guinea or New Guinea.
- n. A member of any of the indigenous peoples of New Guinea and neighboring islands.
- n. Any of the indigenous languages of New Guinea, New Britain, and the Solomon Islands.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. From, or pertaining to Papua or Papua New Guinea
- n. Someone from Papua or Papua New Guinea
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Papua.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Papua or New Guinea, a large island north of Australia, now divided among Great Britain, the Netherlands, and Germany.
- n. An inhabitant of Papua.
- n. One of a savage race of black color, dolichocephalicc, with crisp, frizzled hair, inhabiting many islands and island-groups of the Pacific near Australia: so called from the island of Papua or New Guinea.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of the indigenous languages spoken in Papua New Guinea or New Britain or the Solomon Islands that are not Malayo-Polynesian languages
- n. a native or inhabitant of Papua New Guinea or New Guinea
- adj. of or relating to Papua or its people or language
Sorry, no etymologies found.