from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of the predominant ethnic group of Afghanistan and parts of western Pakistan.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the Pashtuns (a segmentary-lineage ethnic group currently numbering some 50 million people, which is the largest ethnic group in Afghanistan and the second largest in Pakistan), or to their culture.
- n. A Pashtun person: a member of the Pashtun ethnic group, or of a Pashtun tribe.
- n. A Pashto-speaking person.
- proper n. Pashto: the language of the Pashtun ethnic group.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the mountain people living in the eastern regions of Afghanistan
- n. an ethnic minority speaking Pashto and living in northwestern Pakistan and southeastern Afghanistan
Pashto Pəštūn; see Pathan.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Pashto پښتون (paṧtun) (Wiktionary)