- n. nautical Properly the International Load Line, a mark on the hull of a merchant ship to show the waterline under specified conditions. The line shows the maximum capacity load the ship may carry.
- n. waterlines to show the level the water should reach when the ship is properly loaded
- from Samuel Plimsoll, Bristol merchant and member of Parliament; promoter of the Merchant Shipping Act. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Plimsoll line’.
1. Tell your second graders to get ready for their weekly spelling test.
2. Tell them that the first word is serendipitous.
3. Watch twenty-five pairs of eyes pop.
Looking for tweets for Plimsoll line.