from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology A young woman who loved and was loved by Eros and was united with him after Aphrodite's jealousy was overcome. She subsequently became the personification of the soul.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. a girl loved by Cupid (or Eros), and who later became a goddess.
- proper n. In late Greek art and literature, a goddess who is the personification of the soul; she is primarily known for her role in the story of Cupid and Psyche, best attested in Apuleius' novel The Golden Ass
- proper n. 16 Psyche, an asteroid
- proper n. Psychidae, or bagworms, a family of Lepidoptera
Sorry, no etymologies found.