from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element platinum.
- abbr. Bible Peter
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for platinum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abbreviation of part; of pint.
- n. The chemical symbol of platinum.
- n. An abbreviation of Please turn over: a direction, usually at the foot of a page, to call attention to matter on the other side of the leaf.
- An abbreviation of payment
- of point
- of port.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a heavy precious metallic element; grey-white and resistant to corroding; occurs in some nickel and copper ores and is also found native in some deposits
Sorry, no etymologies found.