from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. centiliter
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for the centiliter (centilitre), an SI unit of fluid measure equal to 10−2 liters (litres).
- n. A Roman numeral representing one hundred and fifty (150).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- The chemical symbol of chlorin.
- An abbreviation of centiliter
- of clause
- of clerk
- of cloth (in bookbinding)
- of clergyman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a common nonmetallic element belonging to the halogens; best known as a heavy yellow irritating toxic gas; used to purify water and as a bleaching agent and disinfectant; occurs naturally only as a salt (as in sea water)
- adj. being ten more than one hundred forty
- n. a metric unit of volume equal to one hundredth of a liter
Sorry, no etymologies found.