American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- abbr. Rhode Island
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Japanese mile. It is divided into 36 cho, and is equal to about 2.45 English miles. See cho.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin phrase requiescat in pace, may he (or she) rest in peace.
- n. A Japanese unit of area, equal to 15.5 square kilometers.
- n. An abbreviation of Royal Irish Academy.
- n. An abbreviation of Royal Indian Marine.
- abbr. Rhode Island, a state of the United States of America.
- abbr. Riau, a province of Indonesia.
- abbr. radioisotope.
- n. a state in New England; one of the original 13 colonies; the smallest state
“Spurwink | ri will host "Have a Heart for Spurwink" on Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 6: 30 PM. at the Roger Williams Park Casino in Providence, RI.”
“Our problem here in RI is that the land is sky high.”
“We had fishing like that for a couple days in RI in Naraganset Bay, and I have fished a ton of those blitzes off of Boston MA and north of there.”
“Nope, it started with the burning of the Gaspee in RI (where I just happen to live) in 1772. 8”
“Claims attended the Naval War College in RI 9/1985-6/1987”
“That was merely a ruse to get prostitution criminalized in RI, which has been her goal all along.”
“We have federal and state laws (even in RI) against sexual assault, rape, and violence.”
“I do agree however that if the revenue would be used to help the fishery then it is a good idea but unfortunately here in RI the the draggers tear up the bottom and that is irreplaceble damage.”
“Craigslist suspect charged with assault in RI case Associated Press”
“I have friends and acquaintances here in RI who are farmers -- I worry about their fields.”
‘RI’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for RI.