from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the tribe Ranunculeae — the ranunculuses, including the buttercup etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of herbs, mostly with yellow flowers, including crowfoot, buttercups, and the cultivated ranunculi (Ranunculus Asiaticus, Ranunculus aconitifolius, etc.) in which the flowers are double and of various colors.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A large genus of polypetalous plants, type of the order Ranunculaceæ and of the tribe Ranunculeæ.
- n. A plant of the genus Ranunculus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. annual, biennial or perennial herbs: buttercup; crowfoot
Sorry, no etymologies found.