from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the islands of Samoa.
- adj. Of or relating to the country of Samoa or the territory of American Samoa.
- n. A native or inhabitant of the islands or country of Samoa.
- n. The Polynesian language of the Samoans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Samoa or of Samoan descent.
- proper n. The Samoan language.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Samoa, the Samoan people or the Samoan language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Samoan Islands (formerly called Navigators' Islands) in the South Pacific Ocean, or their inhabitants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Samoa (also called the Samoan or Navigators' Islands), an island kingdom of the Pacific, lying about latitude 14° south, longitude 169° to 173° west. It is under the supervision of the United States, Great Britain. and Germany.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Samoa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of the Samoan Islands
- adj. of or relating to Samoa or its people or language or culture
Sorry, no etymologies found.