from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A delicate sweet white wine from the Bordeaux region of France, made from grapes that have been infected with noble rot.
- n. A sweet to moderately dry white wine from California.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A region of France producing dessert wines.
- n. Wines produced in Sauternes, including the immensely esteemed and immensely expensive Château d'Yquem.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. semisweet golden-colored table or dessert wine from around Bordeaux in France; similar wine from California
French, after Sauternes, a village of southwest France.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French. (Wiktionary)