- n. A hypothetical cat that is depicted as being surrounded by perfectly uncertain circumstances that make an external observer absolutely unable to deem the cat either alive or dead, especially if the possibilities of survival of the cat are expected to be analysed from the point of view of quantum mechanics. Typically, these circumstances involve the cat being inside a box while being the victim of a danger that may or may not kill it, such as radiation.
- n. by extension Any hypothetical situation whose circumstances make it impossible to see which among two contrary propositions is correct, especially if the situation is expected to be analysed from the point of view of quantum mechanics.
- n. The thought experiment which was devised by Erwin Schrödinger, is usually considered a paradox, involves a Schrödinger's cat and is typically supposed to be analysed from the point of view of quantum mechanics.
- n. A Schrödinger's cat (a hypothetical cat that may or may not be dead) in particular, especially when implied to be the only Schrödinger's cat in the world.
- Named after Austrian physicist Erwin Rudolf Josef Alexander Schrödinger. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Schrödinger's cat’.
made due to compulsion to not leave the comments on this list hanging. Also the typo.
old green ceramic..., kitty litter, medical equipment, radium girls, orange fiestaware, brazil nuts, smoke detector, suppositories, doramad radioacti..., porcelain dentures, low-sodium salt s..., cloisonné jewelry and 57 more...
Discombobulating the illiterate since the middle of the last century.
Looking for tweets for Schrödinger's cat.