from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Scotland or its people, language, or culture.
- n. Scots English.
- n. The people of Scotland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a person, native to or born in Scotland.
- adj. Of a thing or concept, of or pertaining to Scotland.
- proper n. The people of Scotland.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the inhabitants of Scotland, their country, or their language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Scotland or its inhabitants; pertaining to the form of English peculiar to Scotland, or to the literature written in it; Scotch: as, Scottish scenery; Scottish traits. See Scotch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Scotland or its people or culture or its English dialect or Gaelic language
- n. the dialect of English used in Scotland
Middle English scottisc; see Scots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Scot + -ish. (Wiktionary)