from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fine yarn made from the wool of sheep raised in the Shetland Islands and used for knitting and weaving.
- n. A garment, especially a sweater, made of this yarn.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The Shetland Islands.
- n. A particular breed of pony.
- n. A pony of this breed.
- n. A particular breed of sheep.
- n. A sheep of this breed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small sheepdog resembling a collie that was developed in the Shetland Islands
- n. an archipelago of about 100 islands in the North Atlantic off the north coast of Scotland
After the Shetland (Islands) .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)