from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Sididae — certain cladoceran water fleas.
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the tribe Maleae — certain flowering plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of malvaceous plants common in the tropics. All the species are mucilaginous, and some have tough ligneous fibers which are used as a substitute for hemp and flax.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of polypetalous plants of the order Malvaceæ and tribe Malveæ, type of the subtribe Sideæ.
- n. In zoology, the typical genus of Sididæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances
Sorry, no etymologies found.
"The cocktail parties have brought me many clients," says one Phoenix VIP, Wang Limin, general manager of Jinhua Sida Corporate Management Consulting in Jinhua City.
Instalation from Fonds Solidarité Sida Afrique, in which every 12 hours 321 clocks revealed the message Every 12 hours in Africa, over 2,000 people die from AIDS because they have no access to care.
Instalação feita para a Fonds Solidarité Sida Afrique, composta por 321 relógios que a cada 12 horas revelavam a mensagem A cada 12 horas, mais de 2 mil pessoas morrem em África por não terem acesso a cuidados médicos.
Ironías de la Vida: el P. Lorenzo Rosebagh, OMI, que siempre caminaba a pie o en bicicleta (incluso desde Estados Unidos a Brasil) para ir al encuentro de sus predilectos: los niños de la calle y los afectados por el Sida, fue asesinado en un coche.
The countries in which USAID, Sida and others in the donor community work have the ability to achieve great accomplishments with their own resources.
Today I will sign an agreement on behalf of USAID with the Swedish Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) to work together to issue joint credit guarantees to financial institutions in developing countries around the world.
USAID and Sida will soon issue joint guarantees in Bosnia and Haiti, and we plan to design more guarantees to mobilize private investment in sectors such as climate change, post-disaster reconstruction, food security, and health.
Sida fallax, Sesuvium portulacastrum, Eragrostis whitneyi and some scattered shrubs of C. subcordata, Abutilon asiaticum, Suriana maritime, Pemphis acidula, and Tribulus cistoides.
The Richtersveld Cultural and Botanical Landscape was 'buffered' by the following protected areas: the Richtersveld national park to the north, Nababiep provincial nature reserve to the east, and communal grazing areas to the south and west owned by the Sida hub community property association.
On the stony ridge I found a remarkable shrub, a species of Sida
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.