from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An expression or a pronunciation characteristic of the southern United States or southern England.
- n. A trait, attitude, or practice characteristic of the South or southerners, especially in the United States.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A word or form of expression peculiar to the south, and specifically to the southern United States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a locution or pronunciation peculiar to the southern United States
- n. an attitude characteristic of Southerners (especially in the US)
Sorry, no etymologies found.