- n. archaeology A broad prehistoric period during which humans widely used stone for toolmaking.
- n. figuratively, informal Any extremely primitive or undeveloped era.
- n. figuratively The time a particular field was introduced and was in its earliest stages of development.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. a supposed prehistoric age of the world when stone and bone were habitually used as the materials for weapons and tools; -- called also
flint age. The bronze age succeeded to this.
- n. (archeology) the earliest known period of human culture, characterized by the use of stone implements
“The people inside the reservation lived like pre-Rusties, wearing skins and using only Stone Age tools—clubs and sticks and fire.”
‘Stone Age’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Stone Age.