American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The sacred book of Judaism, consisting of the Torah, the Prophets, and the Writings; the Hebrew Scriptures. See Table at Bible.
- n. The body of Jewish scripture comprising the Torah, the Neviim (prophets) and the Ketuvim (writings), corresponding roughly to the Christian Old Testament.
- n. the Jewish scriptures which consist of three divisions--the Torah and the Prophets and the Writings
- From Hebrew תנ״ך (TaNaKh) - acronym from Torah, Neviim and Ketuvim. (Wiktionary)
- Acronym from the initial letters of the Hebrew names for the Torah, the Prophets, and the Writings : t(ôrâ), n(ədî'îm), k(ətûbôt). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Tanakh, is in the Book of Joshua, where at one point”
“Ovadia in the Tanakh was a member of King Achav's cabinet.”
“The Tanakh is the original Hebrew / Jewish writings that are often mistranslated into the Old Testament.”
“The Hebrew names of these three sections give rise to the acronym "Tanakh":”
“[[Christianity]], and consists of two parts: the thirty-nine books of the Jewish faith known as the '' 'Tanakh' '', or the [[Old Testament]], to which additional books are recognized by”
“The Old Testament is divided in three parts (hence, "Tanakh") within the Jewish community: the [[Torah]] ( "Law"), or [[Pentateuch]], the five books of [[Moses]]; [[Nevi'im]] ( "Prophets"), and [[Ketuvim]] ( "Writings," or [[Hagiographa]]).”
“[[Judaism]] and [[Christianity]], and consists of two parts: the thirty-nine books of the Jewish faith known as the '' 'Tanakh' '', or the [[Old Testament]], to which additional books are recognized by [[Christians]]; and the twenty-seven books and letters of the [[New Testament]] of the Christian faith.”
“Imagine what the reaction would have been if rather than beginning their rocket attacks at Christmas, the government of Israel chose to follow the teachings from their own Tanakh:”
“The Bible, Tanakh and the Koran, among other texts all speak of this.”
‘Tanakh’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Tanakh.