- n. A carnivorous marsupial (Sarcophilus harrisii) with a vicious temperament and found exclusively on the island of Tasmania.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) a very savage carnivorous marsupial of Tasmania (Dasyurus ursinus syn. Diabolus ursinus).
- adj. (Zoöl.) See under Devil.
- n. small ferocious carnivorous marsupial having a mostly black coat and long tail
- from Tasmanian + devil (Wiktionary)
“The still cameras established that the Tasmanian devil is a thriving species and that even pademelons are sometimes attracted by meat.”
“It actually looked like Rachael Ray had tangoed with the Tasmanian devil in the middle of the room.”
“The Tasmanian devil and the eastern quoll had likewise disappeared everywhere.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Tasmanian devil’.
Words & phrases with "devil" in the name - there's a deuce of a lot
List name taken from the Swedish naturalist Carl Jakob Sundevall's characterization of the greater adjutant stork as a "prodigy of ugliness". This list could include man-made things like cities, a...
Looking for tweets for Tasmanian devil.