from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wild dog (Canis dingo) of Australia, having a reddish-brown or yellowish-brown coat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Canis lupus dingo, a wild dog native to Australia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A wild dog found in Australia, but supposed to have introduced at a very early period. It has a wolflike face, bushy tail, and a reddish brown color.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The Australian dog, Canis dingo, of wolf-like appearance and extremely fierce.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. wolflike yellowish-brown wild dog of Australia
Dharuk diŋgu.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Dharug dingu ("tame dingo"). (Wiktionary)