from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology One of the Nereids, the wife of Peleus and mother of Achilles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. One of the Nereids; the mother of Achilles
- proper n. 17 Thetis, the seventeenth asteroid of the Main Belt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In classical mythology, a marine goddess, who became the spouse of the mortal Peleus, despite her efforts to escape him by countless Protean transformations, and was by him the mother of Achilles.
- n. The seventeenth planetoid, discovered by Luther at Bilk in 1852.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) one of the 50 Nereids; mother of Achilles by Peleus
From Ancient Greek Θέτις. (Wiktionary)