from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The practice of robbery and assassination practiced by the Thugs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A thug (member of band of assassins in India).
- n. The murder and robbery of groups of travellers in India.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The practice of secret or stealthy murder by Thugs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The system of mysterious assassination carried on by the thugs: the profession and practices of the thugs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. murder and robbery by thugs
Hindi ṭhagī, from ṭhag, Thug; see thug.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Hindi. (Wiktionary)