from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The third day of the week.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The third day of the week in many religious traditions, and the second day of the week in systems that use the ISO 8601 norm; it follows Monday and precedes Wednesday.
- adv. on Tuesday
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The third day of the week, following Monday and preceding Wednesday.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The third day of the week. See week.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the third day of the week; the second working day
The best chance of rain Tuesday is in the morning (60-70% chance), but scattered showers and thunderstorms could redevelop in the afternoon (30% chance) after a period of partial sunshine.
But a news organization published her name Tuesday and she now says she is ready to go before cameras.
A black cocker spaniel called Beckham who was the nation's No. 1 show dog and a wire fox terrier named Eira who was favored by many to walk away with the title Tuesday night proved once again it takes more than a great reputation to own the green carpet.
Sadie the Scottie walked off with the title Tuesday night by winning best in show at the 134th Westminster Kennel Club
Sadie the Scottie walked off with the title Tuesday night by winning best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club.
South Carolina wrapped up the title Tuesday night with a 2-1, 11-inning victory over UCLA in Omaha, Neb.
Scottsdale currently is operating under an interim city treasurer, and the council declined to reappoint the city judge to another term Tuesday, although that move may be reconsidered.
Sadie the Scottie walked off with the title Tuesday night by winning best in show
Sadie the Scottie walked off with the title Tuesday night by winning best in show at the 134th
C-G, which clinched a share of the title Tuesday, would win the division outright if it defeats Huntley at home Friday or if McHenry (14-8, 5-3) loses either of its final two games.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.