from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An optical device used to make enlarged prints from a photographic negative
- n. Any device that makes something bigger, or appear bigger.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who or that which enlarges.
- n. an optical device for making copies of photographs larger than the original, having a head for holding the original, a source of illumination to project the image, and a bed for holding the sensitized photographic paper which will received the larger image.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which enlarges, increases, extends, or expands; an amplifier.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. photographic equipment consisting of an optical projector used to enlarge a photograph
Sorry, no etymologies found.