from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See Evenki.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of a group of roving Turanian tribes in Eastern Siberia and the Amoor valley, who speak Tungusic languages.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of a race of eastern Siberia related to the Manchus.
- n. The language of this race.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Tungusic language of the Evenki in eastern Siberia
- n. a member of the Tungus speaking people of Mongolian race who are a nomadic people widely spread over eastern Siberia; related to the Manchu
Russian, from East Turkic tunguz, wild pig, boar, from Old Turkic tonguz.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)