from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Native American people formerly inhabiting eastern Rhode Island and southeast Massachusetts, including Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket, with present-day descendants in this same area.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. The Algonquian language of the Wampanoag, a variety of Massachusett.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Native American tribe located in southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- proper n. The extinct Algonquin language of the Wampanoag tribe.
- proper n. A current Native American nation currently consisting of five affiliated tribes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the Algonquian people of Rhode Island and Massachusetts who greeted the Pilgrims
Narragansett, those of the east.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Massachusett Wôpanâak, wôpanâak (Wiktionary)