from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A borough of Greater London in southeast England on the Thames River. It includes the principal offices of the British government, especially along Whitehall and Downing streets, and such famous structures as Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace. Population: 244,000.
- A city of southern California, a residential suburb of Long Beach. Population: 89,500.
- A city of north-central Colorado, a residential and industrial suburb of Denver. Population: 106,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A borough of London; it includes the principal offices of the British government
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a borough of Greater London on the Thames; contains Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey
Sorry, no etymologies found.