from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A Hebrew prophet of the sixth century B.C.
- See Zacharias.
- n. See Table at Bible.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A book of the Old Testament and the Hebrew Tanakh.
- proper n. A male given name, rarely used in this form.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Hebrew minor prophet of the late 6th century BC
- n. an Old Testament book telling the prophecies of Zechariah which are concerned mainly with the renewal of Israel after the Babylonian Captivity
Hebrew Zəkaryāh, Yahweh has remembered : zākar, zəkar, he remembered + yāh, Yahweh; see hwy in Semitic roots.
After Zechariah.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Hebrew secharyah "Yahweh has remembered". (Wiktionary)