from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A balloon, especially a passive balloon; a balloon without motive power. Contrasted with aerodyne.
- n. A balloonist; an aëronaut.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A machine or vessel sustaining weights in the air; a balloon; a flying-machine.
- n. An aëronaut; a balloonist.
- n. In entomology, a tracheal dilatation forming an air-sac, as in the abdomen of the honey-bee and certain other insects.
Sorry, no etymologies found.