American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A decrease in or an absence of bile secretion.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, deficiency or want of bile.
- n. medicine Deficiency or want of bile.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) Deficiency or lack of bile.
- n. a condition in which little or no bile is secreted or the flow of bile into the digestive tract is obstructed
- From New Latin, from Ancient Greek ἀ- (a-, "not") + χολή (kholē, "bile") (Wiktionary)
- New Latin : a-1 + Greek kholē, bile; see ghel-2 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“_acholia_; the patient is actually poisoned by the non-removal of those ingredients from the blood which it is the duty of the liver to remove.”
Looking for tweets for acholia.