American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adv. In or for the meantime; temporarily.
- adj. Acting or done ad interim; temporary. See Synonyms at temporary.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the mean time; for the present.
GNU Webster's 1913
- Meanwhile; temporary.
- adv. for an intervening time; temporarily.
- Latin ad, to, for + interim, the meantime. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“All these courts were integrated into a Grand Council, over which the Palatine presided, and which had an ad interim ordinance-making power and the right of initiative in legislation.”
“Cornthwaite (formerly of Beverley, henceforth of Leeds) being ad interim named administrator of the new Diocese of Middlesbrough.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ad interim’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Words that I used to know.
Looking for tweets for ad interim.