from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In or for the meantime; temporarily.
- adj. Acting or done ad interim; temporary. See Synonyms at temporary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In or for the meantime; temporarily
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Meanwhile; temporary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the mean time; for the present.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. for an intervening time; temporarily
Latin ad, to, for + interim, the meantime.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.