American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An adjective used as a noun, such as merciful in Blessed are the merciful.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In grammar, an adjective or attributive word; an adjunct to a noun; specifically, according to some grammarians, an adjective used substantively, as the good, the true, and the beautiful.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Gram.), rare An adjective, or attribute.
- n. an adjective used as a noun
- ad- + noun (modeled on adverb). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“It is not, in all cases, easy to determine to which of these classes an adnoun should be referred.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘adnoun’.
Not just rare words, but thousands of RARE WORDS WITH DEFINITIONS.
If you want to see the definitions, too, go to
Looking for tweets for adnoun.